Practical Tips for Downsizing
Jump start your downsizing project.
The idea of living with less stuff may sound great, but the reality of downsizing and getting rid of things can be overwhelming and even emotional.
This course will help you overcome the mental obstacles to downsizing by helping you confront your fears, identify your "why," make a concrete action plan, and liquidate belongings you've chosen not to keep.
What's included in the course:
- Worksheets to help you plan and prepare for downsizing
- Tips for selling your belongings for cash
- A list with links to over a hundred organizations for donating and recycling specific items so they don't end up in a landfill
- Tips for a successful garage sale
- Resources for helping others including family members downsize
- The method that was most effective for helping me sort my stuff quickly when we sold our home and moved into an RV
In early 2016, Ashley and her husband Josiah listed their house for sale and started shopping for an RV to purchase and live in, and Ashley spent that spring and summer figuring out how to get rid of her accumulated belongings to prepare for their downsize. Now she helps others as they transition to living comfortably in a smaller space.