The idea of living with less stuff may sound great, but the reality of downsizing and getting rid of things can be overwhelming and even emotional.
If you are the sentimental type (like me!) who hangs on to things "just in case" or because of the memories they represent, this course will help you work up gradually to dealing with more difficult items after you first gain some momentum and taste the freedom that letting go can bring.
On the other hand, maybe you are eager to be rid of your excess clutter but just don't know where to begin with the task. This course is for you, too, as it offers practical, actionable steps to help you get the ball rolling.
What's included in the course:
- Step-by-step, category-by-category instructions for sorting your belongings
- Tips for selling your belongings for cash
- What to do with stuff you can't imagine anyone else would want (without having it end up in a landfill)
- Ideas to help letting go of sentimental items feel less painful
- What to do with valuables and collectibles (besides dumping them at a thrift store)
- Tips for a successful garage sale
- The method that was most effective for helping me sort my stuff quickly when we sold our home and moved into an RV
- Much more - scroll down to see a list of all the lessons.
The course also includes these bonuses:
- A printable workbook to help guide you through the process
- A printable calendar for planning your downsize
- A list with links to over a hundred organizations for donating and recycling specific items
In early 2016, Ashley and her husband Josiah listed their house for sale and started shopping for an RV to purchase and live in, and Ashley spent that spring and summer figuring out how to get rid of her accumulated belongings to prepare for their downsize. Now she helps others as they transition to living comfortably in a smaller space.
Frequently Asked Questions
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-Tsu